• Slideshow Widget

    The demand for digital

    Monday, December 5, 2011

    I stumbled upon this article today, and I'm so glad I did. It's such an important topic in portrait photography. Now with social media being so crucial to our everyday lives, the need for digital negatives is at it's peak for most clients. 

    I agree that it's pretty much pointless to take all these beautilful photographs and not offer the negatives, so they're always available to my clients. And hey, and least my print packages don't start at $1,250, right?

    Interview is from Inspire Me Baby and highlights the star of Feather Nest Photography.


    http://inspiremebaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Feather-Nest-child-photography3.jpg


    With the demand for digital images on the rise – Do you sell your Jpegs?

    YES! Absolutely. Full resolution too! I always have. It’s just common sense to me & for my business. Why would I ever work so hard to capture all the little pieces of a family’s life artistically, edit them & then make them choose just a select number when I worked hard on all of them?! My clients always know they will be getting all of their images & I do too. If I want to throw in a few extra pictures – there’s no stress over that. I don’t have to worry about them ripping them off facebook or their slideshow. They already have purchased them from the beginning. I only have digital collections (with artwork too) & I sell the cheapest full digital collections for $1,250 and honestly, I don’t feel like that is nearly enough sometimes for what you are walking away with. (For what it’s worth, I’ve only had 1 person ever in 5 years not buy their digital files). But, there is a tolerable going rate & unfortunately I do have to compete with that. My clients are really good about printing their own canvases & they also get lay flat art books from me (they don’t have a choice!). I’m always blown away at how well they do with printing their own images. I do live in area that is fairly design savvy though. That helps!

    http://inspiremebaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/my-kids.jpg



    Post a Comment