• Slideshow Widget

    "When I drive this car to work..."

    Thursday, January 14, 2010

    There's a song on Jeremy Messersmith's album "Silver City" called the commuter. I recommend  it to anyone who has found themselves staring out the window on their drive to work. Hopefully I'm not the only one who daydreams while I'm turning the steering wheel at the same time at the same corners every Monday through Friday. (Then again, maybe the accident rates would be lower during rush hour if we all paid attention) Regardless, I drive past Lake Ronkonkoma every morning and every evening. I used to have a slightly different route which was slightly more direct, but I've learned that the scenic route really is the way to go. I almost judge the lake based strictly on it's appearance in the morning to decide what kind of day I'm going to have. I've probably passed up on 100 photo opportunities passing it every day. 100 being a conservative estimate. As you can see from yesterday's post, I'm going to start taking pictures of the lake. It's how I start my day and end my day, and it reflects my mood, so I might as well shoot it if I'm in the business of reflecting myself.

    Hope you enjoy








    Post a Comment